Thursday, July 14, 2011

Brrrrrr...........

Leonie, Eleanora and I toughed out the freezing conditions this morning to take on Mugga Way. The fog was thick, which created a somewhat eerie atmosphere, particularly when heading over Commonwealth Avenue bridge. Unfortunately the fog left us damp which made us all soooo cold. It was -3 when we started riding, and apparently the temp increased while we were out although I didn't feel it at all. I've ridden in colder conditions than this morning, but I can honestly not remember ever being as cold as I was this morning. Just in case anyone was wondering, it's definitely Winter! Brrrrr!!!

We cruised down Adelaide Ave to Hopetoun Circuit, and then up Mugga Way. It was both Leonie and Eleanora's first times up Mugga Way and they both excelled, rolling through the undulations and then getting some climbing practice in when the gradient went up (not to mention some descending practice on the return journey, with Eleanora commenting when we got to the bottom of Mugga that she'd barely touched her brakes and was right down on her drops for most of the descent). We then headed down into Deakin and then up around the embassies before returning to the ANU for well deserved coffees.

Big high 5 to Leonie and Eleanora for not only making it out in the freezing conditions, but for completing their first Mugga Ways. Go team!

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard to stay locked on to a winter training regime. Great that you're all supporting each other like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay girls! My goodness, I could quite vividly FEEL the cold from your description Lisa - that foggy dampness really does chill you to your bones huh?

    It's so great Leonie and Eleanora to hear about your firsts - first Mugga Way, first Stromlo (for Leonie). Very exciting!

    I'm really missing riding with you all - I hope this shoulder heals up quick and that I'll be back on the bike real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us out Lisa. Much appreciated. I hope you warmed up. 15 minutes under a hot shower did the trick for me.

    ReplyDelete