Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crace Race Report


Well done to the Valkyries - race results are:
WC
1 Emily Nicholls
2 Liz Lowe
3 Angela Wren
4 Anna Johnston
5 Verity Linehan
6 Haylee Weaver
7 Shalan Bray
8 Rachel Green DNF

It just goes to show that when it comes to Women's C - we basically are the whole field so, as we get stronger and more confident it's definitley worth showing up!

I pulled out early and DNF'd as I was just too tired and hoping to save something for Coolamon tomorrow.

It certainly looked cool as a race course although I think we were all pretty nervous that the bunch ended up being quite large with a lot of men's E graders in our race. But the girls all rode very strong!

I think one thing we did learn tonight is that we need to ride more corners - so I'm sure our coach will have us out on the crit track at Stromlo in the coming weeks before the DBR tour.

Looking forward to tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. I was very nervous before the race last night as I am only used to doing crits with the Vets - so I stepped outside my comfort zone - which is one of my racing objectives, and one of my main reasons for joining the Valkyrie Vikings (i.e to get more racing confidence). It was a really good experience and I thank all those involved in organising it and encouraging newcomers. Congratulations to all the women who participated.

    ReplyDelete