Sunday, May 29, 2011

More PROD fun

It was a small contingent of Valkyries (me, Angie, Verity and our newest recruit Linda) that made it out on the PROD this morning (to join some of the regular V-mobile boys), with quite a few of the girls making the trip out to Coolaman for their first handicap race. Can't wait to hear how it went!

The ride was Lake George out and back and we rolled out of ANU into some rather foggy patches, but still the makings for a good day once the cloud cleared. I quite like the Lake George ride as, for one, it's really convenient (particularly for a northsider!), but also because there's enough in the ride to make it interesting: it's not flat exactly, but it's not really hilly either. Everyone did really well sticking together as a bunch on the flatter sections, but then doing the hills at their own pace. Stand out performance was Linda on her first Valkyries ride, who was obviously in the hurt locker on a few of the hills, but dug deep and soldiered through to make it all the way out to Lake George (and then hopefully enjoyed the return trip a little more than the trip out!).

There were a few tired bodies towards the end of the ride, which is understandable given the kms we ended up putting in (I ended up with just over 80km, which would have to be one of the longer rides I've done recently). The post-ride coffee incentive kicked in and got us all home, or at least back to Wilburs in Hackett.

So thanks everyone for the ride. I had a ball and am looking forward to a repeat next week already. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    Thanks for the mention! Despite the pain and suffering, I had a really great time :) Thanks to you and all the fabulous other riders who stuck with me and spurred me on to make it up those hills!

    I'll be back for more, definitely...

    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Lisa, it was a great ride enjoyed by all on a lovely windless Autumn day. Much better than doing it on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention Lisa! Despite the suffering, I had a really great time :) Am grateful to you and the other fabulous riders who stuck with me and spurred me on up the hills!

    Will definitely be back for more...

    ReplyDelete