Monday, May 23, 2011

Sunday PROD

Firstly, ditto to everything LisaK posted. Cheers to rachel for organising, Sunday PROD was an enjoyable ride and as promised, they didn't leave us behind.

Due to Sunday commitments I had to leave at the gravel pit, but thanks to Lisa and MM my trip back to town was exceptionally quick! Apologies to Lisa for not assisting with the flat but it sounds like MM was much more capable than me anyway.


My background is a social cyclist for many years but more often than not, played soccer most winters and half the summer, and steadily worked my way down the divisions to the Masters level. In a move to save the remnants of my knees, I got into cycling, initially through triathlon and then the Vikings 'Come and Try' evening criteriums and was hooked immediately.


So up to now I have treated the sport of cycling as my summer activity. I haven't done the "team" thing or the "training" thing to any great degree as time has always been an issue and I never considered myself good enough to join a squad.


So this year will be my first winter of cycling and training. Number one goal is to get better at climbing hills and number two goal is to discover how a team works in cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment