Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Climbing Reps - Variation

This morning was an awesome and really fun training session.

Maja showed some great gains on her hill fitness, Anna and Verity were attacking each other on Redhill then sprinting it out in the end, and I put in six efforts - most of which I was pretty proud of including one real attack that managed to surprise our brilliant mentor Brad.

New skills tried today were sprinting up a hill whilst holding the drop bars - thought it would be really shaky but actually wasnt too bad.

For me, after I had such a lame week last week - with bad weather in the first few days and then total lack of motivation the rest of the week (although our Coach did remind me I did pretty well in the ITT on sunday so not all bad), but it felt good to be training properly and with the group again today.

Post training coffee at Double Shot in Deakin was a nice catch up and we all agreed that having people to ride with makes it so much better - the dual effect of friendly company and the competitiveness of thinking "she's doing training, i'd better go too so she doesnt out pace me" are pretty beneficial!!!

There has also been a bit of Secret Janing* although we might have to rename it Secret Veritying, I did extra hill reps on Mon and Tues to make up for last week (which is why Coach is currently threatening to confiscate my bicycle unless I promise to rest on Friday) so I thought I was leading on secret hills, til Verity revealed she was doing secret BLACK MOUNTAIN reps yesterday!!!!

Super hard woman award goes to Verity attacking hills and sprinting with needles in her legs?!?!? Jens Voigt isn't even that hard.

Thanks Brad for writing a training report on Facebook for me to plagiarise.


Note:
Secret Janing*

*The not very secret practice of doing extra hill reps because you are hardcore. Usually involves inviting people along and telling everyone about it afterwards. May result in climbing hills like Lisa Keeling, who is an expert at Secret Windtraining.

4 comments:

  1. I second Rach it was a great training session. Thanks Brad for coming along and motivating us to work as hard as we could up those hills.

    I too had a very poor training week last week, poor weather and then a migraine put me out til Saturday, so with the gorgeous weather yesterday I felt I had to make up missed training session with a ride that finished up with a meander up Black Mountain.

    I was also planning a sneaky session on Monday but a visit to my physio which involved a lot of twisting and cracking followed by the insertion of tiny little needles that are still in my hips and quads shelved that idea.

    Looking forward to tomorrow's motorpacing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I wish I could admit to some Secret Windtraining, but I can honestly not remember the last time I was on the trainer - it would have to be at least 3 months ago! At least the trainer is set up again now so I have the option of using it, now I just have to get to bed before 1am so that I can actually get out of bed in time to squeeze my training in. Bring on end of financial year! And I can't say there's much of a secret in me wind training - I shout v loud and proud to all around about my early morning training virtuousness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was a great session today.. Brad - you are awesome! Thanks so much for your time and positiveness every session! Im so proud to be riding with you girls - i was stoked to make it 3 and 3/4 times (with out a sprint!) so to see you all in fine form was really encouraging!

    Time.. just give me time (and a glass of concrete to harden up every now and then!!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure if you guys were still going to be at Double Shot when I finished my post bunch reps. I should have stuck my head in!

    ReplyDelete